Carlos Alcaraz Garfia (born 5 May 2003) is a Spanish professional tennis player.
Carlos Alcaraz has won 2 Grand Slams.
Singles: 2 (2 titles)
|Win||2022||US Open||Hard||Casper Ruud||6–4, 2–6, 7–6(7–1), 6–3|
|Win||2023||Wimbledon||Grass||Novak Djokovic||1–6, 7–6(8–6), 6–1, 3–6, 6–4|
- He dislikes his given first name and prefers to be called “Charly” or “Carlitos.”
- He comes from a tennis family, and his father was even the director at his first tennis academy.
- His favourite tennis player is Rafael Nadal.
- He has made over $14 million in prize money.
- He started tennis training at only four years old.
- He became professionally agented at only 12 years old.
- He played six ATP doubles matches in 2022, winning three.
- Despite his career still being new, Alcaraz has missed several ATP tournaments due to injury.
- He is the fourth Spanish man to reach No. 1 in the ATP Rankings.
- He is the first teenager to top the ATP Rankings since Rafael Nadal in 2008.
- He is the first man born in the 2000s to win a Grand Slam title.
- He is the second teenager to win the US Open men’s title in the Open Era and the first since Pete Sampras won it in 1990.
- He is the first man to win a Grand Slam title after facing match points since Novak Djokovic at Wimbledon in 2019.
- He covered the most mileage of any player at the 2022 US Open, traveling 9.8 miles over his six victories.